On 19/12/13 8:27 AM, Christopher Wilke wrote:
Richard Taruskin

Josquin's Missa "Di Dadi"

Funny you should mention these two in the same email. Decades ago I attended an early music workshop in Miami where Taruskin was one of the instructors, and his task of the week was to lead us recorder players through a sight-reading of a different Josquin mass each night. He chose masses which he had never heard performed, in the hopes of finding an undiscovered masterpiece. Needless to say, all of them were fine music, but we were all blown away by the Missa di Dadi. This was probably the first performance of this mass since the 16th century, and I'm still in awe of having been one of the first people in centuries to experience it.

Geoff

--
Geoff Gaherty
Foxmead Observatory