Well, there we go :-) I'd forgotten about the Baron. Thanks, Chris.

No need to think of the instrument as an "almost 13c" or "overgrown 11c".

If Baron had one, is it out of the realms of possibility that Weiss had one?
The London manuscript (if I remember correctly) has a number of sonatas
requiring only 12 courses.

Lots of interesting repertoire there.

Rob

www.robmackillop.net