On Feb 26, 2015, at 10:34 AM, Christopher Wilke <chriswi...@cs.dartmouth.edu>
wrote:

> Keeping one's mouth shut and pretending there is no dysfunction in the early
> music industry is absolutely unhealthy. We should ALL be keenly aware of that
> in the wake of the recent Philip Pickett scandal. (For those who aren't
> aware, Pickett was a long time professor of early music at the Guildhall
> School of Music who, just convicted of raping several students, is currently
> serving an 11-year prison term. Sickeningly, the school administration was
> informed of his behavior and responded by telling the students to simply
> switch schools.) I'm not suggesting that anyone else

except Robert King

> is involved in such horrible activities,

nor are you being clear about the connection between it and what Ron or Danny
wrote

> but those who use their influence to squash the deserving deserve to be
> called out.

Isn't "calling them out" anonymously a contradiction in terms?

I do understand that if you think the Powers That Be will be squelch those they
disfavor, you don’t want to make them angry by naming Clyde Grevitz of the
Rural Upstate New York Art Snobbling Council by name and Social Security number
as a deserving-squasher.  On the other hand, I don’t know what “our certain
incorporated non-profit organizations” is meant to tell me, other than that Ron
doesn’t like the way someone/thing somewhere is conducting its affairs.  I
can’t make a point of directing my next multimillion-dollar contribution to
someone other than the offending organization if I don’t what it is.  And I’m
sure Mr. Grevitz and the RUNYASC would assume that the complaints don’t apply
to them, since, in their view, they don’t squash anyone, but merely ignore the
undeserving.