Howard,
   I'll be frank. You are having way too much fun tearing apart the
   sincere, heartfelt confessions of musicians who - quite unlike yourself
   - are struggling to simultaneously make a living and art in a difficult
   environment. I could counter-refute your semantics, but I don't think
   that would be productive as I suspect that you're really more
   interested in playing "gotcha" logic games than advancing the
   discourse.
   You are free to disagree and contribute to the discussion in a
   constructive way, of course. I would ask, however, that you consider
   replying a bit more respectfully to those of us down in the trenches to
   whom topic is a more personal one than it will be to someone such as
   yourself who holds no real stake in the matter.
   Chris
   [1]Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

     At Feb 26, 2015, 2:45:07 PM, howard posner<'howardpos...@ca.rr.com'>
     wrote:

   On Feb 26, 2015, at 10:34 AM, Christopher Wilke
   <[2]chriswi...@cs.dartmouth.edu> wrote:
   > Keeping one's mouth shut and pretending there is no dysfunction in
   the early music industry is absolutely unhealthy. We should ALL be
   keenly aware of that in the wake of the recent Philip Pickett scandal.
   (For those who aren't aware, Pickett was a long time professor of early
   music at the Guildhall School of Music who, just convicted of raping
   several students, is currently serving an 11-year prison term.
   Sickeningly, the school administration was informed of his behavior and
   responded by telling the students to simply switch schools.) I'm not
   suggesting that anyone else
   except Robert King
   > is involved in such horrible activities,
   nor are you being clear about the connection between it and what Ron or
   Danny wrote
   > but those who use their influence to squash the deserving deserve to
   be called out.
   Isn't "calling them out" anonymously a contradiction in terms?
   I do understand that if you think the Powers That Be will be squelch
   those they disfavor, you don't want to make them angry by naming Clyde
   Grevitz of the Rural Upstate New York Art Snobbling Council by name and
   Social Security number as a deserving-squasher. On the other hand, I
   don't know what "our certain incorporated non-profit organizations" is
   meant to tell me, other than that Ron doesn't like the way
   someone/thing somewhere is conducting its affairs. I can't make a point
   of directing my next multimillion-dollar contribution to someone other
   than the offending organization if I don't what it is. And I'm sure Mr.
   Grevitz and the RUNYASC would assume that the complaints don't apply to
   them, since, in their view, they don't squash anyone, but merely ignore
   the undeserving.