I am glad you agree with me!

   Monica

   ----- Original Message -----

   From: [1]Antonio Corona

   To: [2]Monica Hall ; [3]Dan Winheld

   Cc: [4]Lutelist

   Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 5:52 PM

   Subject: Re: [LUTE] Re: Vihuela Stringing

   Dear Monica
   I could not agree more. Bermudo should not be quoted from translations,
   and even in Spanish it should be approached with care: the literal
   interpretation is often misleading.
   By the way, Bermudo does mention an incompetent vihuelist who managed
   to publish his book, Ward, Griffiths and I agree that it must have been
   Pisador; therefore I wouldn't  take his instructions as a statement of
   general practice (I use octaves on 4, 5 and 6).
   Best wishes
   Antonio.