Dear Ron,
   I have a whole volume of vieux Gautier by CNRS. Are you saying their
   scholarship is mostly just speculation?
   G.
   On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Ron Andrico <[1]praelu...@hotmail.com>
   wrote:

        Hello Rainer:
        As you know from John Robinson's list, most of the manuscript
     pieces in
        old tuning cited merely indicate various spellings of "Gautier",
     and
        there are no firm attributions to Ennemond.   However, I believe
     that a
        handful of pieces from Herbert are by Ennemond and not by Jacques
     as
        they are usually speculatively ascribed.   My attribution is
     likewise
        pure speculation but based on sound reasoning.
        Mary Burwell's anonymous lute tutor described Jacques as having a
        thunderous approach to playing his basses, which may very well
     only
        have been a critique of his extended-bass instrument.    But if
     you
        spend a bit of time with Ennemond's music in d-minor tuning, you
     can
        develop a sense of his style, which appears quite simple but is
     very
        delicate and nuanced.
        Try the courante in Herbert f. 37, for instance, and the simpler
     but
        very delicate courante in Herbert f. 40v.   I also tend to think
        Aegidius f. 67v and f. 100v are by Ennemond.
        RA
     ______