   Von: Matthew Daillie
   Betreff: [LUTE] Re: Vallet's quartets
   Datum: 13.01.2018, 17:13 Uhr
   An: Lute net

   Anne Bailes edited the Tree publication of Vallet's quartets, making a
   series of corrections in the process. There are indeed quite a few
   mistakes and inconsistencies. The pieces are very enjoyable to play if
   one can find a suitable group of instruments (and lutenists!).
   There have been several CDs of music by Vallet. My reference is the
   recording by Eugène Ferré (Auvidis Astrée, 1997) which includes the
   quartets (for which he is joined by Pascal Monteilhet, Jérôme Blum
   and
   Brian Feehan).
   Best,
   Matthew