Part of the attraction of the Vallet Quartets is that you don't need
   four lutenists to have a good time. Neither do you have to play all the
   notes correctly; an overly sanitised version with all dissonances
   polished away will make for a lot less interesting music. And it's
   certainly not as bizarre as Besard. One should restrain oneself in the
   editing process, ideally leaving options open for every possible
   performance; after all, sometimes you need a little extra spice and at
   other times you will want it more blandly.
   David

   David van Ooijen
   [1]davidvanooi...@gmail.com
   [2]www.davidvanooijen.nl