Am 02.02.2018 um 19:04 schrieb Alain Veylit:
    I could not find the references to Cherbury on Peter Stueur's site
    alas... (I wonder if the Vorhandene Manuskripte table could be given
    its own page with more descriptive titles associated with the sources
    numbers...)
    Alain

Hi Alain,
yes it's true, the table "Available Manuscripts" gets more and more complicated, as now there are more than 400 manuscripts.
But I fear, an own page for that still would be very/too? complicated.

As soon as I have time for it, I will try to put the manuscripts in a sidebar with only showing the manuscripts of one country (or first letter) only. And it also would be a good thing to have the manuscript table, that is intern, searchable.
But to add this, I also will need some time.

The easiest way to find pieces or manuscripts often is to use the filtering feature:

Firstly got to "Manuscripts", the click on "Show Filters"
There you can search for
- the title you are looking for e.g. "Son Adieu" or "Son Ad"
- the manuscript that you are looking for via the beginning of the signature e.g. "GB-Cf"
- or for a certain Composer etc.

Normally you can use the beginning of the phrase, or even a part within a word, so f.i. "dieu" also will show the searched piece on place 9 (17 entries).
The filters normally are case-sensitive!

The manuscripts always use the RISM signatures, that have the country first (in this case GB), then a hyphen, and after it the city (C for Cambridge) and then the short signature for the museum: Fitzwilliam Museum = fm; so that it is complete: GB-Cfm After that Peter and me always use a shortened number of the complete signature. The complete signature or title will be given at the beginning of a manuscript or print.

The prints have normally the composer, often shortened, and a shortened title of it; or a year: e.g. Dowland-Var for Robert Dowland: Varietie of Lute Lessons

I think it is necessary to play around with the site some time to understand, how everything works!

But after some exercise nearly everything can be found quite swiftly!
Even sometimes new concordances can be found by filtering the incipits!

.. and if someone finds the site too complicated, he is invited to write to me, and I will see, if I can help or if it is possible to make it easier (if I have the time to do)!

Best regards
Markus