Dear Jaroslaw,
   You are quoting what Thurston Dart wrote in 1957. But Jean-Marie has
   convincingly mentioned the letter which proved that lord Herbert was
   involved in trying to get Jacques extradited back to France and
   therefore "would not likely collect music by him". Of course, this is a
   bit flimsy, as you could probably always distinguish between music and
   the person in question. Some of those Gaultier pieces in Cherbury were
   however published both in Besard and in Varietie, 1603 and 1610
   respectively, and Jacques would have been only 3 and 10 years at that
   time, so not likely by him. There is of course a possibility that some
   of the pieces were by Ennemond and some by Jacques. Further research
   may prove this.
   As to the amateur status of lord Herbert, you only have to listen to
   O'Dette's CD to completely loose this presumption. Many of the pieces
   in the manuscript, are magnificent and highly professional and require
   a high degree of dexterity to perform.
   Best
   G.

   On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 3:38 PM, JarosÅaw Lipski