One thing that has not been mentioned is that we have choices - we all, or most
of us, or some of us, can choose to play a certain part of our repertoire on
our Les Paul/Marshall, or our classical guitar, or our romantic guitar, or our
bandora, or ukulele or even saxophone or synth in some cases.   If we can
choose to play Spanish music on our vihuela we can choose to play Babbit on our
(analogue tube) synth.  So maybe we are overlooking contemporary lute music
because we tend to pick up a different instrument to play something modern.
Especially when we need to be as loud as everyone else.

Does anyone here not have or play any instrument at all but the lute?

  Wayne