> > "So does anyone play contemporary music on the vihuela?"

   So do I (and on the lute too)

   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA7ZWqvHtfA

   (and I compose too but on the ukulele)

   V.

     <mailto:wst...@cs.dartmouth.edu>> wrote:

     > >> One thing that has not been mentioned is that we have choices -
     we all, or most of us, or some of us, can choose to play a certain
     part of our repertoire on our Les Paul/Marshall, or our classical
     guitar, or our romantic guitar, or our bandora, or ukulele or even
     saxophone or synth in some cases. If we can choose to play Spanish
     music on our vihuela we can choose to play Babbit on our (analogue
     tube) synth. So maybe we are overlooking contemporary lute music
     because we tend to pick up a different instrument to play something
     modern. Especially when we need to be as loud as everyone else.

     > >> Does anyone here not have or play any instrument at all but the
     lute?

     > >> Wayne

     surely odder to only play a lute and only ever to play music that
     was composed centuries ago.

     person - who would only, ever, play centuries' old music (however
     gem-laden it may be) - would it be enough to say that this choice
     was the harmless choice of a free being?

     > >> --

     https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cs.dartmouth
     .edu_-7Ewbc_lute-2Dadmin_index.html&d=DwIBAg&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vY
     R0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=VLPJ8OE-c_C6joGeE1ftlvxMmQPq9N6mpKZONBRt90E
     &m=Cq8_Cpp93PPDjIzmNaKVn8vhxOpTAIt0w7NhvHvrI90&s=mXP2XUbNefjdSer1k5X
     KJOE4VcXoSp90MOCETu-wPOk&e=