Van: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] Namens Martyn
Hodgson
Verzonden: donderdag 9 mei 2019 08:49
Aan: maan7...@cs.dartmouth.edu; Lute List <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Onderwerp: [LUTE] Re: De Visee

   That's not the point being made. Which is that, even if some theorbo
   players employed nails (or didn't), we  cannot draw the unequivocal
   conclusion that the period guitar was therefore also played with nails.
   And, in particular, that this was the practice that De Visee generally
   expected and followed himself
   Richard Sweeney, who uses nails, gives a reasonably even-handed account
   from some early sources in his blog available by pasting this into your
   search.
   https://richardsweeney.com/the-best-way-of-play/
   MH

   On Wednesday, 8 May 2019, 14:35:21 BST, magnus andersson