Congratulations on your retirement: time to play more lute!
   Thank you for all your years of work.
   It will be sad to see the lute list go. Old fashioned in these days of
   Fb-groups, perhaps, but it suits me fine.
   Sad to see me friends  go.
   Let's keep in touch!
   David
   David van Ooijen
   [1]davidvanooi...@gmail.com
   [2]https://davidvanooijen.wordpress.com

   On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 at 21:27, Arto Wikla
   <[3]wi...@mail.cs.dartmouth.edu> wrote:

     Big thanks to you for your valuable work of decades!!
     Arto
     On 22.8.2020 22.04, Wayne wrote:
     > Hi -
     >
     >    I have been running this lute mail list since 1998, and it has
     been interesting and fun.   Now I am retiring from my job at
     Dartmouth College, and when I retire the computers that I have run
     will be shut down.   This includes the   mail servers that run the
     lute mail list.   So it is time to retire from running the lute mail
     list too.   I will also be closing my lute web page, my lute
     tablature page, and "Lutes For Sale" web page.

     >    If someone wants to take up running the lute mail list I
     suggest that they announce it on my list in the next month, while my
     list is still running.   My list runs using software that I wrote,
     and I don't recommend that someone else try to use it.   I don't
     know the last day yet, but I will make an announcement when my list
     actually closes.