On Friday, 30 September 2016 11:04:03 AM AEST Rick Moen via luv-main wrote:
> > https://etbe.coker.com.au/2015/01/13/systemd-notes/
> >
> > No, I'm referring to the above blog post which was linked from the anti-
> > systemd-people post.
>
> Then, I'm no wiser, since no comments are displayed there.  Perhaps you
> deleted them (but the archive.org snapshots all have 'Comments are
> closed' at the bottom, too).

I don't approve content-free hate comments.  There were no comments about
actual issues so none were approved.

> > Surprising really given all the other toxic stuff that has happened in
> > Debian.  Debian is so much better than it used to be!
>
> _I'm_ not surprised.  Joey was reacting to some pretty serious internal
> ugliness within the project's internal affairs to which, as a key
> developer, he had a front-row seat.  And _also_, separately from and in
> addition to that, IMO the project haplessly being dragged by the GNOME
> multiseat API, of all the petty things, into bad administrative
> decisions was pretty pathetic.
>
> You think those bad administrative decisions were correct, so you think
> everything's better and better.  We shall therefore politely agree to
> disagree on this matter.

https://mako.cc/copyrighteous/pledge-to-killfile-andrew-suffield

Until fairly recently DDs were only expelled for the most severe issues.  The
mailing lists also had a fairly lax moderation policy.  The above is one
example of the problems such policies caused.  Andrew eventually chose to
resign from Debian.

Things really have improved.  Anyone who doesn't think so probably doesn't
know what used to happen.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/daily-shouts/as-a-vocal-male-feminist-im-offended-that-i-wasnt-invited-to-your-bachelorette-party