Hi Ed,

I think this is going to save me.     How do I exclude the data I do not need, I only have a small amount of space left on my laptop?

Thanks

Andrew

On 16/1/20 2:11 pm, ed chan wrote:
Hi Andrew,

What I was trying to say before is that Photorec( don't know what it does )  does not try to mount ( not that I can see anyway ) so if you have problems with sda3, this may be a way around the mount problem.

I fired up photorec and selected my BTRFS usb disk; after that I asked it to go and recover the files, it copies them back to my nominated destination directory. But I don't see any mount at least from the user space anyway . by watching syslog or dmesg.

Regards,

Ed Chan