Hello

this is the first time I write to the list, so forgive me... We're
currently
developing a visualization library for histograms/vectors based on the
Qt
package. The aim of the library is to allow physicists to produce
complex
graphic representation of their data (e.g. many plots on one page, some
of
them overlaying others using different representations etc.).
The output can both be rendered on screen or saved as a PostScript file
which is then (usually) embedded in a LaTex document.

In our previous package (FORTRAN based) we used to have an hand-made
'micro-language' to specify the layout of formulas, allowing the use of
greek letters, subscript/superscript etc.

Since our environment is still very much 'LaTex' addicted, I thought
we may use a subset of LaTex for this purpose.

What I'm looking for is basically any code which could help in this
task:

- a parser for LaTex formulas (we'll probably support a subset of the
whole
LaTex stuff...)

- code to render them on screen (possibly in Qt...)

- code to produce PostScript.

Do you think I may find any of those in the LyX code?

Thanks

Dino