Allan> On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Asger K. Alstrup Nielsen wrote:
>> Right now, we need stability more than the new painter if you ask
>> me. People say that 1.1.2 was more stable than what we have now.
>> That's the wrong direction. 1.1.5 should be more stable than 1.1.2!

Allan> Which is why I haven't sent my PR statement anywhere. At least
Allan> not till I remove the bits about "most stable ever".

I have accumulated small safe patches for 1.1.4 (currently is 1698
bytes) which I plan to make available as a short patch, mainly for
rpm/deb packagers. The fixes it contains now are
  - iso-8899-1.cdef \"{e} fixed
  - "oneside" option fix when exporting to latex
  - \date_insert_format fix

If you have other things that are
  - _not_ new features
  - short enough that they are obviously right
  - fixing a real problem
then tell me, and I'll add them.

The intent is to avoid the pressure on releasing new lyx versions
because of bugs. I'm not sure yet on the naming scheme (1.1.4+,
1.1.4.1, 1.1.4fix1...).