> Ok, I should not have followed up to this mail, but I wanted Asgers
> attention...

Hey!  I read almost all of the traffic on the list.

[Changes in LyXFont]
> Do you have any other/better ideas on how to do this? I think that
> after my changes it is a lot clearer what is going on in lowlevel
> LyXFont code, so from a maintence viewpoint the changes are good.

The LyXFont code should be split into two different parts:
one for LyX abstract representation of fonts, and one
for the concrete instance of fonts in the GUI.

Therefore, it's ok to clean up the font code even at the price of
performance, but only if the work is followed up by the split in
font representation that will make the performance problem less
acute.

But only in due time!

Small steps, remember?

> Anyway I will check this in, and then you can have a look.

I'm a little surprised that you did this work at this stage,
although I understand that it's more fun.

However, please consider to spent some time to finish the space issues
in tables and extremes of paragraphs, and fix some of the other
bugs that have been reported recently.
Right now, we need stability more than the new painter if you ask me.
People say that 1.1.2 was more stable than what we have now. That's
the wrong direction. 1.1.5 should be more stable than 1.1.2!

Greets,

Asger