- To run the reconfigure script on Windows, we need a python version
with the logging module included. This is not yet the case for the
python.exe/dll we ship with LyX1.6.x.

Joost, Uwe, are you able to provide a new python version ?

- I really am frustrated that configure script makes MikTeX install
packages. Can't we either
  - not install the packages,
  - ask the user to install them.

For me, it installed "splitindex", "genmisc", "lettrine" and
"tufte-latex". I'm not sure why I would desperately need these packages
beforehand. As you all know, it takes ages to install these packages,
and that's not what a user expects when running LyX for the first time.
We have to improve on this.

Vincent