On 3/25/2010 2:27 PM, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
The aim of both installers is to install a fully functional LyX version
and to keep the tricky LaTeX-package handling away from new users.
(As the first installation of LaTeX needs some times, my installer shows
a console Window with the LaTeX-installation progress, so that you see
what happens and that you can go drink a coffee or do something else on
your PC.)

I agree. It's a good thing to install the necessary packages. My installer uses a similar approach; the command line output from the configure.py is captured and displayed in the installer window itself. So the user is able to see what's going on.

Joost