Am 16.09.2010 um 15:32 schrieb Pavel Sanda:

>    * rc2rc conversion scripts for converting older preferences into new ones.
> Jose promised to come with something.

These I would rate as show-stopper, almost. (I don't want to say that only Jose
is responsible for that :-))
Bennett wrote a apple-script to do that. I had not enough time to tell how good
it is.
But I would like much more a generic solution for all platforms.

Originally I had the intend to release 2.0 without the need for a separate
installer tool.
And that's one of the problems I have to solve for this target.

Some are already solved, e.g. included thesaurus and native spellchecker.
It would be a pity if we have to provide a installer only for converting the
1.6 preferences.
And do not convert them would a sub-optimal solution too.

>    * (Pavel)
>    * maybe generic pane in settings for user defined VCS operations.

I have not told about that before... but at least for CVS I have problems with
the current state of the VCS code.
Unfortunately I'm bound to it here. So effectively I has to use the command
line interface of CVS and cannot use the builtin of LyX.
If you're "interested" in the details I would tell the whole story...

Stephan