Am 16.09.2010 um 16:39 schrieb Pavel Sanda:

> Stephan Witt wrote:
>> These I would rate as show-stopper, almost. (I don't want to say that only
>> Jose is responsible for that :-))
>> Bennett wrote a apple-script to do that. I had not enough time to tell how
>> good it is.
>> But I would like much more a generic solution for all platforms.
>
> i'm all for having it. but it has not been showstopper far last ten years, so
> i doubt it should be showstopper now :)
> if you have some code (generic most probably means python) we can put it even
> later, it shouldn't interfere with other code.

Hmm... I hoped some kind soul with python knowledge can take that task over.
Perhaps it happens...
Regarding the last ten years argument... there was no change in the first
number since then.
But I don't want to discuss - as you're the referee. :-)

>>>   * maybe generic pane in settings for user defined VCS operations.
>>
>> I have not told about that before... but at least for CVS I have problems
>> with the current state of the VCS code.
>> Unfortunately I'm bound to it here. So effectively I has to use the command
>> line interface of CVS and cannot use the builtin of LyX.
>
> cvs is unmaintained so no surprise you are not satisfied... frankly i was
> thinking that removing the cvs codebase would be more sincere
> than pretending we know it... ;)

Please, don't do that!

>> If you're "interested" in the details I would tell the whole story...
>
> yes. ..  i mean the technical part.

Of course. I'll do that when I have more time than now.

> you are free to commit changes inside CVS class, it can not worse anything.
> if you want some
> bigger changes in the whole VCS API its little bit late i'm afraid.

Ok, I'll consider that. Sounds like a fair deal. :-)

Stephan