Am 16.09.2010 um 16:39 schrieb Pavel Sanda:

> Stephan Witt wrote:
>>
>> I have not told about that before... but at least for CVS I have problems
>> with the current state of the VCS code.
>> Unfortunately I'm bound to it here. So effectively I has to use the command
>> line interface of CVS and cannot use the builtin of LyX.
>
> cvs is unmaintained so no surprise you are not satisfied... frankly i was
> thinking that removing the cvs codebase would be more sincere
> than pretending we know it... ;)
>
>> If you're "interested" in the details I would tell the whole story...
>
> yes. ..  i mean the technical part. you are free to commit changes inside CVS
> class, it can not worse anything. if you want some
> bigger changes in the whole VCS API its little bit late i'm afraid.

I've commit some changes now.

The use pattern we have in our company is as follows:
* we make check outs read-only "cvs -r" - you get a readonly working copy
* to start changing a file we use "cvs edit" - now your working copy is writable
* after commit to repository your working copy is readonly again

That's working fine now.

The "standard" functionality - not using readonly checkouts - should not
affected.

I hope you can accept my changes... and hope I broke nothing for other VCS
backends.

Stephan