Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net> writes:
>> maybe mac has different routines for open dialogs...
>
> Perhaps, the standard open file dialog?
> I can remember a discussion about that topic... but not the details.

We can (and should) use extra buttons in the file dialogs, with
setSideBarUrls (qt >= 4.3).
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/qfiledialog.html#setSidebarUrls

The only problem I have with this is that we cannot provide a label for
the entry (QUrl uses the name of the dorectory). So to use this feature,
we should create directories with the right names, but are symbolic
links to the real directories. I do not think that windows allows that.