On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:

> Rainer M Krug wrote:
> > lyx-daily
> > lyx-stable
> >
> > and
> >
> > lyx-beta
>
> The latter should be called lyx-unstable unless it is a real beta release.

I am sticking here with the mozilla  terminology (I hope I get it right),
so:

lyx-daily
     daily builds of trunk and 2.0.x - highly unstable and *only* for
testing purposes -- unstable

lyx-beta
     official released beta versions of lyx. can be considered -- quite
stable

lyx-stable
     releases of lyx (2.0.x, 1.6.9) - others needed as well? --- stable

As I said, I would like to have all versions (1.6.x, 2.0.x, trunk) to be
able to be installed on the same machine without interference. In addition,
there should always be a installation candidate "lyx" in the stable ppa,
which effectively is always the newest version and installs as lyx without
any version suffix.

Hope this clarifies,

Rainer

> Jürgen