Le 24/06/2011 14:26, Rainer M Krug a écrit :
In this scheme we would be mixing releases with daily builds, which I
think is not a good idea. Also: a beta tester might not be interested in
the daily builds. Especially, I would not mix the daily trunk builds
with anything else more stable - if somebody want's to test the daily
trunk, then they have to install a separate ppa - additional security
measure.

What about
1) putting daily trunc builds in own ppa
2) take daily BRANCH_2_0_X builds out of lyx-stable and add to
lyx-devel, together with alpha and betas when available?
3) have a lyx-release ppa with final releases

My problem is to separate two kind of users:

* people who want a version of lyx safe with their documents (lyx releases, branch daily builds). This is the ppa we can recommend to everybody.

* people who are willing to take risks and want to try new features (alpha, beta, trunk).

This distinction is IMO more important than real versions version vs. daily.