Op 2-3-2012 7:35, Yihui Xie schreef:
I was actually wondering why not move to GitHub directly since
everything is ready there and it saves a huge amount of server admin
efforts... Maybe I missed some conversations earlier, but IMHO GitHub
makes collaborations way way easier.

In what sense does it make it easier ? Pull requests are nice, but this requires all developers to read the mailing lists and to keep track of any pull requests on github. It's easy to submit patches to the mailing list using "git send-email". In this way, all developers can respond.

Using git, you could acquire commit rights faster than using svn, because at first you will be restricted to pushing branches like "yihuixie/new-feature". This won't affect the source code until it gets merged in by someone.

Vincent