On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 18:08, Yihui Xie <x...@yihui.name> wrote:
> This is expected to me: programmers tend to do everything by
> themselves. I cannot promise all the conversions, but GitHub supports
> importing from an svn repo with one click, so if you want to move
> there, I can certainly do it.

Albeit this seems very easy, it will also not be a very good conversion.
To make our repo convert nicely you have to use some grafting to connect
branches/tags correctly together, and also inject proper git tags where
subversion tags are used. Furtunately I have already done that work.

> For the rest of the jobs, they require
> more time, but I believe after the conversion it will be easier to
> maintain since almost everything is under GIT. I'm willing to
> contribute some time if you want, but from the replies I have got so
> far, I guess I can give up the attempt to convince you now.

Let's do the "git on our own server" dance first. As said if we later on
want to move to a hosted git service that will be very easy.

--
        Lgb