Le 02/07/2012 23:15, Uwe Stöhr a écrit :
There is no other software I know where I do this. Besides, there is a
difference between "to be
able to install side-by-side" and "to install side-by-side by default".

Attached is a screen shot of my Start menu. As I have about 120 programs
I have to group them not to loose the overview.
And yes, other programs also do this: Python, CMake, LibreOffice, Qt...
Not all programs but some. I guess that is a matter of tested, but I use
"LyX 2.0.4" as proposition because of the side-by side installation
issue we discussed.

Very good example ! Cmake 2.8 is probably cmake 2.8.8. LibreOffice 3.5 is actually 3.5.4. Python has a minor version number too. Don't you see that it just disprove your point?