On 4/07/2012 6:28 a.m., Richard Heck wrote:
On 07/03/2012 05:17 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 03/07/2012 01:57, Uwe Stöhr a écrit :
So how about if we propose LyX20, and then if someone wants to install
variou things side-by-side,
can't they do that by choosing some other name?

Yes, but if he is not patient, he just clicks Next and thus installs in
the proposed/default "LyX20" folder and overwrites the existing
installation.

So this is the case of a user who has a special need, but is not
patient enough to check how to satisfy it? Is this our problem?

That's my thought, too: In the special case where the person *doesn't*
want to over-write the installation, they will need to take special
care, and will expect to need to take special care, since every other
program installs over the old one, by default, when only minor versions
are changing.

Richard

I was in favour of using a "LyX 2.0.4" folder but this is a valid point. I already change the suggested installation folder (from C:/Program files ... to E:/Program files ...). It would be no hardship to make an additional change from "LyX20" to "LyX 2.0.x".

Andrew