hi, jean-marc

> It is currently only disabled (I think). Sending faxes is not LyX's
> job (why not something for sending as e-mail) and is better done from
> an external application (the unix philosophy: "one tool one job" or
> whatever). Actually, somebody could probably take the old code and
> make it compile as a standalone application and have exactly the same
> functionnality. If we do not build a dvi viewer into LyX, we have no
> reason to built-in a fax sending program (OK, this is not a fair
> comment, I do not need fax :). By installing a _real_ fax frontend,
> you will have much better functionality, and LyX code will become
> cleaner (which is really needed).

oh yes, i mean i was aware of efax doing the job. i just liked he phonebook
function. meanwhile i found a way that was discusse earlier in the list, by a
small python script and using the format converters. but i still miss the
phonebook...

> Thorsten> 2. the dead keys work, but they are not displayed
> Thorsten> correctly on the screen. is this my fault, fault of xfs, or
> Thorsten> libforms (0.89) problem?
>
> As far as I know, the dead keys done via keymaps do not work at all.
> This needs fixing soon.

i do not use a keymap. i see the acute and the grave, but they are strangely
enough in the middle of the line (vertical) and not above the rest...any other
idea?

> Thorsten> 3. i cant get the international
> Thorsten> menus to work (i am german, my LANG is set to DE, the help
> Thorsten> docs are selected correctly, but the menus stay english)?
>
> Did you install LyX?
>
> JMarc

sorry, i was too dumb. i found my mistake yesterday :)

thx,

thorsten

Thorsten Mika                                   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hamm / Germany                                            TM5173-RIPE