Le 14/05/2015 14:20, Uwe Stöhr a écrit :
Current policy:
- Assume that you have LyX 2.2 and your collaborator has 2.1. You add a
box with a 10 pt thick frame and export the document to the format of
LyX 2.1. As result you will get some TeX code. To be able to collaborate
you will have to live with that so in fact you cannot use the new
feature. So the situation is the same as if both persons collaborate
using both LyX 2.1. So what is the benefit from reverting new features
to TeX code?

This particular point assumes that people upgrade to 2.2 to be able to use a 10pt thick frame box. There will be (hopefully) many other good reasons to upgrade to 2.2 (like faster screen rendering, or edition of large insets). OTOH, there may be reasons for people to avoid upgrading right away. Maybe one want to wait until 2.2.2 is out; actually, it is none of our business. We should try to accommodate our users' needs as well as we can, but not more.