Am 17.05.2015 um 02:58 schrieb Richard Heck:

This is why I proposed to warn the user that his file will be saved in
a new format and why we should create a backup copy in the old format.
In case of problems the user can continue with the backup copy and the
old version. So no reversion is necessary. This also avoids cases
where a conversion was done. Then the user has problems and wants to
revert but this is buggy too. Then the user is lost if he did not make
a backup copy on his own.

I agree that this is a good idea, but it's independent of the main issue.

Hi Richard,

I reported this idea now as
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9554

regards Uwe