Le 02/06/2015 23:38, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
On Tue, Jun 02, 2015 at 12:04:20AM +0200, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
On Mon, Jun 01, 2015 at 08:07:11PM +0100, Guillaume M-M wrote:

By the way, a safer way to force not loading a package is to prepend
\usepackage with "\@namedef{v...@microtype.sty}{9999/12/31}". If you just
strip the line from the preamble you can easily run into troubles. In
addition, at some point I had it on two lines like this (note the %):
   \usepackage[protrusion=true%,expansion=false
   ]{microtype}
in which case your regexp fails if I understood correctly. I suggest just
adding "\@namedef{v...@microtype.sty}{9999/12/31}" before the preamble
whether we suspect that microtype is used or not, without testing for its
presence. (Unless you see other errors this might generate.)

Ok, thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately, this does not work if options are also used. LaTeX is
tricked into thinking that the package was already loaded but the used
options are not acknowledged and errors are thrown.
I have now followed a different and safe way for dealing with this issue
by redefining \usepackage and simply omitting microtype when in dvi mode.
This takes care of your example above (and also of other more contrived ones).

You are right! I just sent a message suggesting to pass the draft option to microtype which should suffice according to the manual, unfortunately our messages crossed each other.