Le 02/06/2015 23:50, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :

In fact I am currently having an assertion violation when activating full
instant preview (attached), which prevents me from completing the test. Can
anyone tell me how I get more meaningful symbols? I can try to send a
reproducer but I am a bit short on time to make one right now. (And time is
not pressing, it does not affect stable.)

Try using gdb for getting a backtrace after setting a breakpoint at
lassert.cpp:53. If this is due to some recent change, you could try
bisetting for finding the relevant commit.

The assert failure went away after recompiling. If I remember correctly when I had the problem I had been playing with the configure options (for the sake of trying), notably --enable-monolithic-build. Would you like me to try to reproduce the issue, or am I expected to run into such troubles if I play with the build options?

I am aware that it is less simple than it sounds given that often the user
wants to switch to a document class that already has more sensible defaults.
I will open an enhancement request if I figure out a solution, but I'd be
happy to know whether something like this was already discussed on the list.

Many times...

In that case, I will NOT open an enhancement request if there is already a
consensus :) (but I did not find any relevant entry in the bug tracker)

I don't know whether there is an entry in the bug tracker, but this issue
surfaces regularly either here or on the users list.

For the curious who missed the discussion from 2009, a relevant part is here <http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.general/60445> (it was quite hard to find because the discussion was moved over to the dev list during the discussion and this branch is not listed in the summary by day).

It was best summarised by Pavel Sanda: "so isn't this rather request on latex devs to use latin modern as default for their classes?". I understand now that the only way of improving the new-user experience that is not ruled out by the arguments already given would be to find or invent some class/layout combination that would show the best defaults to a new user if any such notion of best defaults exists. (But I am leaving it there, this is not the problem at hand.)

In fact it does not work entirely in master. There is a regression (after
bc47054b I believe) because compilation can now fail due to \renewcommandx
being used without the command being defined prior to that (try the attached
lyx-bug-renewcommandx.lyx). (Stable is fine in this regard after your commit
9285f338, it seems.) <http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/6369>

One quick solution would be to prepend all \renewcommandx\a{b} with
\providecommand\a{}.

I think this was already addressed by Jürgen at 83a9ed4e.

For me the bug is still here at cb201027. Try again my file
lyx-bug-renewcommandx.lyx attached to my first message.

Strange, I don't see it anymore after 83a9ed4e.

With lyx-bug-renewcommandx.lyx from my initial message, although the preview now works on opening, it fails if one enters the math inset and leaves it. Because then we get the following erroneous code (missing \newcommandx):

"""
\begin{preview}
$\A$
\end{preview}
"""

Here is another file that doesn't work for me (lyx-bug-renewcommandx2.lyx). With it we get the erroneous latex code:

"""
\begin{preview}
\renewcommandx\A[1][usedefault, addprefix=\global, 1=B]{A#1}

$\A$
\end{preview}

\begin{preview}
\newcommandx\A[1][usedefault, addprefix=\global, 1=B]{A#1}
$\A$
\end{preview}
"""

Lastly, with lyx-bug-renewcommandx3.lyx (attached) we get the following erroneous code for the first preview after opening:

"""
\begin{preview}
\global\long\def\A{A}
$\A$