On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 06:49:01AM -0800, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 3. November 2015 um 12:40:22, schrieb Guenter Milde
> <mi...@users.sf.net>
> > On 2015-11-02, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> > > On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 10:40:27PM +0000, Guenter Milde wrote:
> >
> > Dear Scott,

> > > I would say go ahead and commit if you are satisfied with it. From what I
> > > understand, the patch is now a complete patch in the sense that it is a
> > > full
> > > step forward.
> >
> > Actually, I am not satisfied, because the "normal" use case (exporting to a
> > LaTeX file with inputencoding ASCII) is now worse than before. I this sense,
> > it is a partial patch.

OK makes sense.

> > For the use case "XeTeX with TeX fonts", it is overly complicated.
> >
> > So I split it in two:
> >
> > * to fix the regressions with "XeTeX + TeX fonts", a simple change in
> >   PDFOptions.cpp is sufficient. See below.
> >
> >   The nice thing is, that this is simple, localized and only changes
> >   where change is required - actually a completion for the patch-set
> >   fixing #9740.
> >
> >   >> A short test here showed that this
> >   >> helps with Umlauts or Cyrillic charactes in the PDF Info.
> >
> > * the updated "comprehensive but incomplete" patch based on your work is now
> >   at http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9839, so the work is not lost.
> >
> >   With the "show output anyway" option in 2.2, the status quo is actually
> >   tolerable. I'll try the patch for #9830, then there is also a workaound
> > for
> >   ASCII export (i.e. the user can write G\"unter instead of Günter).

Do we have a bug report for the workaround for ASCII export?

> > > Let me know if you want me to run the export tests before/after.
> >
> > Please check, if this patch cures some regressions introduced by
> > fixing #9740.
>
> Check with 'ctest -L suspended' (my local version)
> Now the following tests (previously not passing) pass:
>       390 - INVERTED_SEE-README.ctest_export/doc/Math_pdf4_texF (Failed)
>       702 - INVERTED_SEE-README.ctest_export/doc/de/Math_pdf4_texF (Failed)
>       870 - INVERTED_SEE-README.ctest_export/doc/es/Math_pdf4_texF (Failed)
>       1052 - INVERTED_SEE-README.ctest_export/doc/fr/Math_pdf4_texF (Failed)
>       1787 - INVERTED_SEE-README.ctest_export/examples/PDF-comment_pdf4_texF
> (Failed)
>
> They can now be removed from revertedTests.
>
> checking now with 'ctest -L export -E '(lyx16|xhtml)$'
>       -> 94% tests passed, 179 tests failed out of 3041
>
> That is, 29 tests are now better than before.
> Checking the output, all 29 are of type pdf4_texF (XeTeX + TeX fonts).
>
> I'd say, please commit.

Thanks for checking Kornel.

Günter, thanks for your work on these tricky issues. After alpha is
released, let me know if there is anything pending that you would like
for me to work on. Since I know nothing about this topic, you would need
to break it down into simple steps like you did for me before so I can
focus on the C++.

Scott