On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 05:31:28PM -0500, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> Is the only disadvantage of including the .pngs bloat in the sense that
> we are increasing the size of our tars and of the repos?

Yep.

> Or is there a
> concern that shipping .pngs could lead to different issues also (because
> our code could get confused)?

This should not be the case. What may happen is that someone places a
png in ~/.lyx/images, in which case this png will be picked up instead
of the svg version. But this is expected. The rule is that when LyX
searches for icons, the user directory is first looked up, then the
system directory and lastly the resource system. For each directory, a
svg image has precedence. Failing to find svgz or png images, what was
stored in the resource system is used.

This also reminds me that the resource system has to be updated for
storing the svgs instead of the pngs.

--
Enrico