Am 24.06.2016 um 08:43 schrieb Dima Ruinskiy:

Hi. My name is Dima Ruinskiy, and I would like to join the LyX development team.

I hereby permit to use my contributions to LyX under the license of the GPL
version 2 or later.

Hello Dima,

welcome on board!

For the others on this list: Dima volunteered to help LyX with compiling it on Windows, provide support for Win Vista builds (which I cannot do), to have a look at the Hebrew translation and therefore also to right-to-left (a.k.a. BiDi writing).

Dima, while we are at it, There are some open BiDi bugs in LyX:

http://www.lyx.org/trac/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&summary=~&component=BiDi+Support&description=~&reporter=~&col=id&col=summary&col=reporter&col=status&col=type&col=severity&col=keywords&desc=1&order=id

Maybe you can fix one or two of it if you like. This would help LyX and you would be more familiar with lyX's code structure. In my opinion LyX has a high potential in the Arabic-, Hebrew- and Persian-speaking world but our BiDi support could be better. For Arabic we need some more translations. Maybe you know anybody who wants to help LyX with e.g. Arabic translation?

Don't get me wrong, of course you can work on whatever you like. It was just a pointer of a possible start. Since you are an experiences LyX users you surely have found your own corner cases in which you might improve LyX.

best regards
Uwe