Hi Dima,

welcome from me as well! We can always need some helping hands, and as you
might have found out already especially windows build procedure needs help.

Dima Ruinskiy wrote:

> Richard Heck <rgheck <at> lyx.org> writes:
>
>> Is there something specific you'd like to work on?
>>
> Nothing specific, except maybe focus on Windows-specific issues. So far
> the only thing I did was modify the CMake configuration a bit to make
> 2.2.0 work on Vista again. See discussion here:
> http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10186
>
> I'd like to see it make into an official build eventually, instead of just
> being a private patch / separate release.

That would be great! Could you provide your modifications as a patch please?
I read your description in text form, but having a patch ensures that there
are no misunderstandings. If you did not yet use git to get the sources I
suggest you do that now (you will need it anyway if you plan to contribute
more), then it will be easy to produce a patch.

You might have seen the thread "Compiling with Microsoft Visual C++", where
racoon has trouble to build with MSVC 2015. Maybe you have an idea how for
troubleshooting?

Georg