On 2016-09-02, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 02/09/2016 à 10:21, Jürgen Spitzmüller a écrit :
>> Am Donnerstag, den 01.09.2016, 17:42 -0400 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
>>> Fixed at 95afab4b and d1b0dba9 by marking as English.

>> Instead of finger-painting in the documents, shouldn't LyX output these
>> macros inside some ltr macro (like \L{\LyX}) in ltr context?

> That was my thought too. What would be the typical LaTeX Hebrew user do?
> And then we should do the same for other RtL languages, I guess.

Like LaTeX, LyX is an English name. Wrapping in "language English"
seems the correct way to handle it.

There is more than just the direction:

- It uses the Latin script.
- It must not be spell-checked as Hebrew.

This would also be a consistent way to handle the problem in foreign
languages, e.g. preventing LyX to become ΛΨΞ in Greek.¹

¹ "Lambda Psi Xi" is the actual autput of the logo with pdflatex if set to
  Greek due to the Latin transliteration used in LGR fonts.

Günter