On 2016-09-20, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

>> > I did not think of this possibility. I like it.

>> I'd say, since it is ERT, which means 'latex', use the suggested  \'{e}.

However, with default output (pdflatex), the ERT compiles fine, even with
all other export routes except the "exotic" XeTeX+TeX-fonts
(because of the special encoding-restriction of this combination)!

> I was at first against this because I thought the ERT inset was meant to
> be read by French readers of the LyX beamer manual, and \'{e} looks ugly
> (don't we use LyX to avoid backslashes and brackets?).

Yes.

> But at the same time I don't think it makes sense to deviate from the
> original (English) version, where ERT is used.

Yes.

> So I think you are right that is the way to go, unless we want to
> change all versions of the Beamer manual to a comment or note inset,
> and that seems like more work than should be done for this trivial
> issue.

Yes.

-> invert the test (pdf4_texF)

> Changed to \'{e} in stable at 9f3518bc and cherry-picked to master at
> 1c7835c0.

> Thanks for the discussion. I now have a better idea of how to deal with
> this for similar issues when they come up.

I don't think this is the right way.

The documentation is for documentation, test-use is secondary and "exotic
tests" don't merit changes that make the documentation more difficult to read.

Günter