On Sun, Oct 09, 2016 at 09:24:11PM +0000, Guenter Milde wrote:
> On 2016-10-09, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> > I don't think I would want to spend the time to manually inspect the
> > output of all of the exports.
>
> There is no need to test *all* exports, just the default (i.e. pdf2) and
> only for changes that may change the output.

OK.

> > Perhaps there is some automatic way to do it, using a tool that looks
> > for diffs in PDFs. diffpdf is useful, for example.
>
> If you understand the consequences of a change, manual testing may be
> confined to one (or none for simple changes) document (not all
> translations, say).

I see. I do not understand all of the possible consequences of this
change. Let's first see what Uwe says. If he is in favor, then let's
continue the discussion about whether to make the change and check
manually or not make the change. If Uwe's not in favor, then spending
time on that discussion is not worth it yet.

Thanks for the feedback.

Scott