Le 22/10/2016 à 17:16, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
Le 22/10/2016 à 17:15, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
If you ask me, I think that 99.99% of users didn't change that default.
If someone was needing a different encoding, it is much more likely that
he stumbled upon the custom setting in the document settings dialog
rather than that setting in the preferences.

How bad can it become for someone who has changed the setting?

The setting can just be deprecated and hidden, instead of removed
straight away. New versions of LyX would save the former global default
with the file after conversion.

The only bad case is if the file is open and converted on an
installation with a global setting the document was not made for. But
this is only the issue we already have.