Am 20.02.2018 um 00:06 schrieb Uwe Stöhr:

is encoded in UTF-8 with BOM. So maybe the first character you see is the BOM:

I first realized it thanks to your report. I found out that this is the default setting of my text editor when saving as UTF-8. For me on Windows the BOM is a good ideas because other programs get the information that the text/file is UTF-8 and not CP-1252-encoded.

However, if the BOM makes problems, please tell me that I know and remove it from layouttranslations.

---------

It seems that my replies to the lyx-devel list are no longer transferred. Moreover I can also not see Pavel's initial post there.
(Maybe there is just an issue with my news server settings or firewall.)

thanks and regards
Uwe