On Sat, Mar 03, 2018 at 11:46:53PM +0000, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Am 03.03.2018 um 21:26 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
>
> >    - If you have a problem compiling the document Help > User Guide after
> >      installation, consider uninstalling LyX and MiKTeX, and then using
> >      the LyX *bundle* installer, which will automatically reinstall
> >      MiKTeX.
>
> Please replace this point by the text I just sent in my mail with the
> solution.

OK, here is the Windows-specific part, after taking your and Joel's
suggestions into account:

  ---
  The following statements are specific to Windows users:
  - If you installed a pre-release of LyX 2.3.0, you should uninstall that
    version before installing this newer release.
  - If you have a virus scanner installed and LyX cannot find "latex.exe",
    as a first step just close the installer and rerun it.
  - After the installation of LyX, the MiKTeX package manager pops up. You
    can just close it.
  - If you cannot get a PDF from a LyX file after installing LyX 2.3.0 under
    Windows and the error message you get is that "paths must not contain
spaces"
    or similar, you must do the following:
      1. uninstall LyX 2.3.0
      2. uninstall MiKTeX
      3. reinstall LyX 2.3.0 using the bundle installer
  ---

Scott