On 12/2/21 07:21, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 02/12/2021 à 11:39, Yuriy Skalko a écrit :
I'm working on implementing branch expressions that was discussed here: https://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg216485.html Seems like this can be done even without file format change, so it can go/backport to 2.4 later.

I do not see how this can be done without a format change. How will old 2.4.x version read the brand-new branch expressions?

Also I support the "unpopular proposal" from Jean-Marc. LyX is frequently used for highly-structured documents with large insets and improvements in breakrows branch would be very desirable in new version.

I do not want to hype the new branch too much. While (from memory) we see a 40% improvement, this is not the order of magnitude improvement that would be needed for these large insets. That will require a different set of optimizations.

Other than that, this is a good code cleanup that moves IMO in the right direction. We can build on that, in particular the extension of the inset rowFlag to let each inset describe it display behavior.

I assume the issue is that this would require testing and so possibly show things down?

Riki