On Wednesday, 2 February 2022 21.45.40 WET Pavel Sanda wrote:
> Jose, could I ask for pythonic help?
> We would need a routine in configure.py which check whether to remove eps->png
> conversion in case IM bans those conversions. That could be done this way by
> checking return status of the conversion. In bash that would be something
> like this:
>
> echo '%!PS' > /tmp/.lyx_configure_test.eps
> convert  /tmp/.lyx_configure_test.eps /tmp/.lyx_configure_test.png
> if ! [ $? == 0 ] ; then
>   # remove eps->png conversion from configure settings, i.e. set \converter
> "eps" "png" "" "" fi
>

> Completely different way would be mimicking what IM internally does with GS
> when converting eps->png. I already checked little bit and unfortunately it
> won't be oneliner if we want to get resolution right. But probably doable
> with additional script of our own. Pavel

I will look into this in the weekend.

<Thinking aloud>
At some point I will want to overhaul the configure.py script.
The purpose is, among others, to simplify the code required to do this kind of
tests.

The test above is relatively easy to do.
Something that I should, probably, take into account is the order of the tests.

In the sense that if we different \convert lines we probably retain the last...
</Thinking aloud>

--
José Abílio