On Thu, Dec 02, 2021 at 10:24:58PM +0100, Pavel Sanda wrote:
> - improve detection/users warning for banned eps->* conversion of imagemagick
> (high priority before final release, but not for next alpha/beta etc)

One option to automatically overcome the issue is to disable eps->png
conversion and allow pdf->png so that lyx performs eps->pdf->png.
On my debian adding this to preferences sort of fixes the issue:

\converter "pdf6" "png" "pdftoppm -png -singlefile $$i >  $$o" ""
\converter "eps" "png" "" ""

Problems I see:
- the zoom factors in lyx window are not consistent with previous IM conversion
(you need to remove cache to test this)
- not sure how is the pdftoppm conversion portable to windows/mac environment

We could perhaps check policy.xml of IM and add those only in case eps/pdf is
banned when doing reconfigure.

Pavel