Hi all,

After a long absence, I'd like to return to LyX development. I had to step away 
several years ago because of personal issues, and I disappeared without saying 
anything. I'm sorry for that.

I'd like to get back involved and will first catch up on the changes that have 
happened while I was away. If that is okay with everyone, let me know if there 
are areas where help is currently needed.

Note that my gmail account no longer exists, so
I'm not reachable in my older address. [email protected]
is my current address. Also I don't have access to the bug tracker.

I attached several patches reflecting changes upstream.

* The first patch reflect a change made in LaTeX's 2026 June release. Tubulars 
no longer use math around them: 
https://github.com/latex3/latex2e/pull/2008/changes/97ebd0eedf8a0f4d68bc8ae194e44f2a1abeac67,
 and this affect columns and text order.

* The second patch fixes a mistake I made in fe57b19294, delimiters mirroring 
is something that should be handled by the font renderer. For example, if one 
choose to use harfbuzz the delimiters are mirrored by luaotfload, and then the 
output with LyX is wrong.

* The third one refelects the fact that now polyglossia in LuaTeX uses 
unibidi-lua for UBA, so short LTR strings embedded in RTL are visually ordered 
without an explicit markup

* The fourth one reflect changes in babel-hebrew, and should fix #5927 and 
#7797.

* The fifth is about the discussion at 
https://github.com/LaTeX-Package-Repositories/geometry/issues/20 (but now that 
I compose this email I realize LyX use lmargin/rmargin even with two sided 
documents, there the margins should not be flipped because RTL books are opened 
from right to left, so

bool const luatex_rtl = (rp.flavor == Flavor::LuaTeX
                         || rp.flavor == Flavor::DviLuaTeX)
                        && language->rightToLeft();

should be

bool const luatex_rtl = (rp.flavor == Flavor::LuaTeX
                         || rp.flavor == Flavor::DviLuaTeX)
                        && language->rightToLeft()
                        && sides == OneSide;

)

* the sixth is also about a change in babel-hebrew

Best,
Udi

Attachment: 0005-mirror-left-and-right-margins-in-LuaTeX-with-main-RT.patch
Description: Binary data

Attachment: 0001-update-RTL-tabular-code.patch
Description: Binary data

Attachment: 0004-use-LRE-RLE-instead-of-L-R-with-babel-hebrew.patch
Description: Binary data

Attachment: 0002-don-t-mirror-delimiters-in-unicode-engines.patch
Description: Binary data

Attachment: 0006-avoid-colorbox-patch-with-babel-hebrew.patch
Description: Binary data

Attachment: 0003-remove-insline-forceLTR-decorations-with-polyglossia.patch
Description: Binary data

-- 
lyx-devel mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.lyx.org/mailman/listinfo/lyx-devel

Reply via email to